Flemish Sign Language / Vlaamse Gebarentaal:
Sign Language French-speaking Belgium / la Langue des Signes de Belgique Francophone:
Welcome to the website of the 7th International Deaf Academics and Researchers Conference, which will be organized in Leuven, Belgium on 5, 6 and 7 February 2015!
The idea of the Deaf Academics conferences arose from the Amsterdam Manifesto created by some 35 individuals outside of the TISLR conference on July 26, 2000. For a list of previous conferences click here.
The aim of the Deaf Academics conferences is for Deaf academics and researchers:
- to present and share our research findings;
- gain a better understanding of the issues that we face in the academic environment;
- feel empowered to carry on with our work;
- maintain a (support) network.
The Deaf Academics conferences are held in International Sign only to provide direct access to academic discourse instead of through sign language interpreters.
In 2015, the conference theme will be “Deaf Ethnographies and Politics”.
In Leuven we will organize:
- lectures linked to the conference theme;
- workshops focusing on specific issues linked to Deaf academics’ practices, experiences and research methods;
- panels with regard to the conference theme
Fill in your e-mail address here if you want to be informed when the website is updated: